The foundation will work to select one or two students per year to receive scholarship awards up to $20,000 per year for up to four years ($80,000).
A committee of Susquehanna Community educators will present a list of applicants to the Foundation Board to be interviewed. Those awarded the scholarship will be mentored by the Foundation Board.
Applications are open to Susquehanna Community High School students who:
- Have attended Susquehanna Community High School for four high school years, grades 9 through 12.
- Have achieved a grade point average of 85% at the time of the application.
- Took the SAT or ACT test.
- Have applied for the scholarship by March 1st of that calendar year.
- Will pursue a course of study leading to a two-year or four-year degree in the health care field at SUNY Broome and/or Binghamton University.
- Have been notified by the Susquehanna Community High School Guidance Office that they are eligible to apply.